Saturday, May 10, 2008

Pashinian: The KGB has lost. Pt. 5.

This is the final part of Pashinian's essay where, among other things, he drops the bombshell that he is going to come out of the underground any day now.


Pashinian: The KGB has lost, the KGB must be torn down. Pt. 5.

Cheap provocations

It is, of course, not possible to talk about the activities of the NSS during this period without mentioning the things it did during the gatherings at Freedom Plaza after February the 21st. As you know, two NSS agents engaging in acts of provocation were discovered at Freedom Square. They had been wired [i.e., were wearing secret microphones]. What were they doing at Freedom Square? They were planting things underneath the tents, planting weapons, grenades, and cocktail molotovs in the surrounding area. And they were carrying out "ideological work" with regard to the participants. Let's say that they would get into a regular conversation with one of the groups participating in the gathering, and at the opportune moment begin talking. Let's say that they would say things like, "No, bro. This won't work. These last few days, us standing at Opera [same as Freedom Square] has accomplished zip. You have to use force with this kind of people. Isn't it so?" Doubtless, several people would be found that would agree and say, Yeah, that's right. This would be recorded at the NSS. Let's say that, then, the provocateur would say something like, "The right way to go about this is to occupy the Presidential Building and the television station. We need to arm ourselves. Isn't that right?" Naturally, a conversation would start where ideas would be bandied about; those ideas would be recorded at the NSS, put into the form of a montage, and serve the purposes of the criminal act newly resurrected from the dead: As if the gathering's participants were preparing an armed assault, preparing a take-over of the television station, and so on. But, like I said, the KGB network has become so demoralized that its plans, the fiery speeches of its "intellectuals," and its "Haylur's" repulsive [television] coverage no longer had any effect on anybody, and on March 1st the criminalocracy was forced to remove its mask of piety and reveal its hideous, freakish face and uncover its criminal, immoral being.


Conclusion

I cannot posit that every NSS member countenanced the illegality, the immorality, and the betrayal of that which is good for the country's security. But if there are exceptions, then those are just that, exceptions, and as such guarantee the criminal nature of the network. Ultimately, today's NSS is a network whose criminal nature knows no limits. The evidence for this is the airing of [the image of] the chained national hero, Sasoon Mikaelian, on television. There is no base act that cannot be expected from that network. There is no base act that I've been told they might carry out to which I've responded, They wouldn't do that. Everything and anything can be expected from this network. And I wasn't a bit surprised to find out that to get me to surrender, they told my kids that they had the ability to kidnap them, and neither is the same in the least bit surprising to those who have that notorious fiend's, Dzerzhinski's, picture hanging from their walls. By the way, I would like to make a few observations about my present situation. Let it not be a kind of faintheartedness, but I want to honestly state that I don't like it when they say that I am in hiding. A man in hiding does not publish articles in newspapers, and publish them so intensively.

There are many people in Armenia who, in spite of being in their houses at night, visit their workplaces and even appear on live television, yet, nevertheless, lead hidden lives throughout. But I am generally underground today for two trivial reasons. First, I could not, like many of my friends, hand myself in to the NSS, because that would have been akin to surrendering to a kind of slavery. They weren't able to arrest me during those days, and now they cannot find me. And, truth be told, it gives me pleasure to know how nervous and agitated that makes them. And now about what I am preparing to do. When it becomes clear to all that the criminalocracy has not been able to accomplish the simple task of uncovering my whereabouts, I will have completed this stage of my work. A short while after the publication of this article [1], I am going to cut short my living underground, come out into the open, walk in the central district of my beloved Yerevan, smile at my beloved sisters and brothers, and I am going to continually struggle, struggle until the end.

P.S. At the beginning of this year, about 200 Republic of Mountainous Gharabagh NSS members were brought to Armenia who would show up to work every day at central headquarters and the territorial offices of the NSS. The Gharbagh NSS members did not have any concrete work to do--they were there to monitor their Armenian coworkers.

1. The article was published in Paykar! on April 28th.

6 comments:

parisan said...

//A short while after the publication of this article [1], I am going to cut short my living underground, come out into the open, walk in the central district of my beloved Yerevan//

Let's hope he knows for sure what he's doing, because any mistake could have dire consequences.

Thank you for the translation. You're doing a beautiful job.

nazarian said...

Thanks. This was a major project.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he is coming to serve prison time for his latest libel act: the forging of Vazgen Manukyan's signature on some alleged documents...where Pashinyan was again found guilty.

What a fraud this Pashinyan is.

Armen Filadelfiatsi said...

Anonymous 5:41

Maybe if Sargsyan/Kocharian hadn't gotten Manukian murdered, he could have testified about whether his signature had been forged.

So your comment must be interepreted as unintentionally ironic, or maybe just cruel.

Anonymous said...

When was Manukyan murdered?

Armen Filadelfiatsi said...

Mahukian was killed on October 27, 1999. Could you please clarify what you mean, anonymous 9:37?